This is a Group Management Accountant position suitable for a fully qualified individual with a strong commercial focus. This is a group role overseeing the finance function for the UK. The Organisation is a successful and progressive listed business with growing turnover of £230m. The group has grown via acquisition and you will be expected to work with finance teams in different divisions.
The organisation is happy with hybrid working, with 3 days a week in the office.
Key responsibilities are all the classic requirements you would expect from a commercial Group Management Accountant role and will report to the Group FD with exposure CFO. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Preparation of monthly consolidated management accounts, statutory reporting including consolidated cash flows and notes to the accounts
- Preparation of the monthly reporting of financial covenants to the bank and uploading of working capital data
- Involvement in wider group functions including cash management
- Finance transformation/improvement projects as the business continue to grow
- Ad hoc project work
- Review and maintenance of financial controls
- Testing of new processes in the financial systems
The ideal candidate
You will be fully CIMA/FCMA qualified and be able to demonstrate a strong progressive CV. Industry background is flexible but you will ideally come from a similar size business and be used to working within a listed organisation.
This is a great role for a commercial thinker who wants to make a difference and you will need to demonstrate where you have effected change/provided analysis to the business to help drive progress. Personal qualities will include excellent communication and leadership, a highly analytical nature with a good attention to detail and a creative and pragmatic approach.