We are looking for an Interim Senior Buyer for our client based near Fareham. This is working with a friendly, dynamic team in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for the procurement of production commodities for a very wide range of products. This will involve sourcing from both the UK as well as international suppliers. You will also manage supply time lines and quality levels.
Working as a member of the procurement team, this is very much a busy Senior Buyer role. You must be capable of building strong relationships and must enjoy problem solving. Your duties will include:
- Ensure optimal delivery of supplier materials
- Working closely with other teams within the Supply Chain
- Negotiate with suppliers and build strong working relationships
- Ensuring that internal targets and deadlines are met
- Managing the commodity DSA
- Conduct ongoing supplier risk assessments and audits
- Ensuring that procurement activity conforms to best practice principles
The Ideal Candidate
This role would suit a self-starter with a can-do attitude. A creative approach to sourcing would be an advantage. To be considered for this role you must have previous buying / procurement / purchasing experience ideally in a manufacturing/engineering environment or similar. You will need to be keen to progress in your career and demonstrate leadership capabilities. You would ideally be from an engineering/technical background as will need to understand technical products and materials. A CIPS qualification is highly desirable but not essential.
This company offer free parking.
Due to the high volume of anticipated applications we are unable to respond to individual applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days of that date please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.