We are currently recruiting a Payroll Assistant to work for a well established Company. This is a busy role where you will be working within a finance team responsible for processing payroll for the Company’s employees (Approx. 1200 staff). You will be responsible for detailed payroll processing, resolving queries and general payroll related tasks. This is a very busy role that requires accuracy and good attention to detail.
You will be responsible for carrying out a range of payroll duties accurately whilst working to strict deadlines.
Duties will include:
- Inputting payroll information and processing salary payments
- Dealing with any payroll queries in a professional manner
- Co-ordinating the production of payroll reports and management information
- Checking and resolving any payroll related discrepancies
- Processing new starter and leaver information
- Prepare payments to relevant external authorities such as HMRC
- Any other associated administrative tasks
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role it is essential that you have relevant end to end payroll experience and high attention to detail. You should be able to work off your own initiative and to strict deadlines. You will also have good communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with payroll related queries. You will also need to be confident working with excel.
This company offer an excellent working environment, including free parking. There is a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays plus up to 5 extra days for Christmas. There is also an enhanced pension scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.