A leading sports leisure technology business on the south coast seeks an experienced product manager from a consumer technology / leisure based industry with a passion for creating industry leading products. You will be involved in shaping the existing product range, as well as working on new product ideas and launches.
The company are based on the outskirts of Southampton and offer a modern working environment.
- Responsible for product road-map generation and product life-cycle planning
- Conduct market/consumer/competitor research in order to understand new technical developments, trends and customer requirements
- Develop new product ideas which demonstrate practical opportunities and sound commercial growth
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to identify key audience, relevant messaging and appropriate launch materials
- Work closely with internal teams – marketing, sales, procurement and NPI as well as attending external customer meetings and events as required
- Assist the Senior Global Product manger with the development of a global strategic plan and product portfolio roadmap
- Present regular updates in a concise, logical manner to senior stakeholders within the business
The Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years experience working as a product manager
- Technically competent with an understanding of electronic systems
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to present confidentially and concisely
- Ability to communicate and develop relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Good commercial awareness and understanding of business objectives
- Able to interpret data from various sources to provide business insight and create business cases for product recommendations
- Experience of product design, development or management is required
- An understanding of the sports leisure industry either through workplace or leisure would be beneficial
This company is a global leader in its field and offers an excellent modern working environment.