We are currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer to work for our client who is based between Southampton and Portsmouth. This is a busy role that will require someone with a background in buying / procurement / purchasing. It will require communicating with international suppliers as well as internal departments. You will be responsible for the operational procurement of a wide range of production commodities. Taking a proactive approach to problem solving will be essential.
This company are a global organisation who specialise in technical products, they offer lots of opportunities to build a great career.
Please note this is a 10-12 Month Maternity cover position.
Working as a member of the procurement team, this is very much a busy Buyer role. You must be capable of building strong relationships and must enjoy problem solving. Your duties will include:
- Ensure optimal delivery of supplier materials
- Working closely with other teams within the Supply Chain
- Negotiate with suppliers and build strong working relationships
- Ensuring that internal targets and deadlines are met
- Managing the commodity DSA
- Conduct ongoing supplier risk assessments and audits
- Ensuring that procurement activity conforms to best practise principles
The Ideal Candidate
In order to be considered for this role you must have previous buying / procurement / purchasing experience ideally in a manufacturing/engineering environment or similar. You will need to be keen to progress in your career and demonstrate leadership capabilities. You would ideally be from an engineering/technical background as will need to understand technical products and materials. A CIPS qualification is highly desirable but not essential.
This company offer free parking.