Are you from a supply chain background with buying experience? Global company seeks confident individual who can manage and develop their buying function, ensuring accurate co-ordination of procurement activities for this international business. This newly created role also includes inventory management, co-ordination with production planning and R&D, and supplier selection and management/motivation. Benefits include flexitime hours scheme, private medical insurance and high employer contribution to pension. Company is rare mix of large business blended with local feel with strong team ethic.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial, you will be empowered to own the buying activities for this manufacturing business.. The role is varied and will be rewarding if attacked with zest and determination. Key aspects of the role include:
- Procurement of goods, taking into account price, quality and delivery, ensuring dependable supply to production
- Maintain genuinely good relationships with Suppliers – this business has a track record of ethical, long term relationships with its suppliers and customers, it is not about beating up suppliers
- Coordination with various internal teams, including R&D and Production planning and working well as a team
- Using MRP software for demand planning activities, reviewing past and future usage and forcasting
- Expediting, which is rewarding if done well in these challenging supply chain times
- Taking ideas to the Head of Commercial and working closely with them on various other projects
The Ideal Candidate
It’s all about the person. Supply chain/procurement experience is a given. The character is key – you will be hungry and keen, have a great work and team ethic and genuinely want to do a great job. Relationship building is important, both in the company and with suppliers. If you have good commercial acumen, a positive attitude and want to do well in your career, this role and the fantastic management team will nurture this ambition and give good exposure. It will be the role you make of it.
- Great working environment and culture
- Private health care
- Flexitime working hours scheme
- Contributory pension with a high employer contribution
This advert will remain open until the vacancy is filled, with interviews taking place throughout this period, so we recommend applying early to avoid disappointment. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.